Applying For A US Student Visa

Universal Dream Services Is The Best Study Visa Consultant in Delhi For US.


Students planning to study abroad continue to favor the United States. Applying for a US Student & Study In USA Visa is the next important step in realizing your dream of studying in the United States if you are one of the few who aspire to do so and have already been accepted into your desired university. This Students Visa Guide provides a brief overview of the various types of visas and attempts to provide a comprehensive application process for the F1 Student Visa, which is applicable to students planning to pursue bachelor’s and master’s degrees in the United States. In addition, candidates ought to be aware of the reasons why their study Visa In USA  is denied. In 2021, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) reported that 2,32,851 Indian students went to the United States to pursue higher education. In 2021, there will be over 12% more Indian students studying in the United States. Females made up 37% of Indian students.

Types of US Student Visa

There are three types of student visas to the US:

 F1 Student Visa

An F1 visa is required for students applying to programs that require more than 18 hours of study per week. This includes MS, MBA, and other graduate programs as well as all undergraduate programs.

F-1 visa holders’ spouses and children will travel on an F-2 visa. Please be aware that spouses cannot work, but they can accompany them to the United States and/or apply for their own visa to work or study there.

You may also want to read

J1 Exchange Visitor Visa

Students, visiting scholars, and lecturers pursuing an exchange program are eligible for the J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa. For instance, Indian university students participating in short-term study abroad programs and Fulbright scholars will travel to the United States on a J-1 visa.

A working professional who travels to the United States on an exchange program typically applies for a J1 visa, which is also known as an Exchange Visitor Visa. These might include a research fellowship or a 10-month vocational training, among other things. Regardless, the applicants would be informed of the situation by the relevant institutions.

J-1 visa holders’ spouses and children will travel with them on a J-2 visa. Please be aware that spouses can work if prior permission is obtained.

visiter visa

M-1 Vocational/ Non-Academic Student Visa

A type of usa visa for students called the M1 is only available to students attending vocational and technical schools. While the application process for the M-1 visa and the F-1 visa are similar, the M-1 visas are time-stamped upon entry and students cannot extend their stay.

Working on USA Student Visa

Students are prohibited from accepting employment outside of campus during their first year of study in USA. They can’t put in more than 20 hours a week at work. They may work up to 40 hours per week during breaks and holidays. A commercial company that provides services to the college, such as a bookstore or cafeteria, may employ the student.

You might want to know about:

Documents Required for F1 Student Visa Application

US Student Visa Process: In comparison, obtaining a tourist visa does not necessitate carrying as many documents as obtaining a study visa does. You need the documents that are required, as well as financial and academic records that support them. Before going to the consulate for the visa interview, make sure you refer to this checklist.

  • a passport that is in good condition and has a date on it that is at least six months past your stay.
  • a hard copy of the online application form DS-160.
  • Receipt for SEVIS Fees
  • Letter scheduling the interview (original and duplicate)
  • The college (where you’ll study) sent you a Form I-20.
  • Receipt of payment confirmation for Visa fees
  • At least three years’ worth of bank statements (could be from a parent or guardian) demonstrating that you have enough assets to cover the first year’s payment
  • Salary and pay slips
  • Provisional certificates and original mark sheets.
  • Score sheet for tests like the TOEFL, GMAT, and IELTS, among others
  • To support education in the United States, financial documentation is required.

How to Apply for US Student Visa (F1 Visa)?

There are several steps to apply for a US Visa for Student:

  • When you receive Form I-20 from your college, the visa process begins. While the SEVIS fee can be paid at any time during the application process, it is strongly suggested that you pay the SEVIS I-901 fee before beginning your US visa application.

  • You can submit an application for a DS-160 visa form after receiving a receipt and paying the SEVIS fee. It’s a form for online applications.

  • Bring a copy of the confirmation page from the application form to your interview.

  • Use NEFT or one of the authorized AXIS or Citi bank locations to pay the visa fee.

  • Make an appointment for an interview and a biometrics appointment.

  • You will need to show up in person for the biometric appointment in order to have your fingerprints scanned and your visa photograph taken.

  • The person conducting the personal interview will, of course, inquire about your decision regarding college, finances, and your intention to return. They will take your passport with them to get the visa stamped if they are convinced. For your F1 Visa Interview preparation, here is a guide.


Universal Dream Services Is The Best Study Visa Consultant In Delhi For US

Apply For A US Student Visa

Click Here

Universal Dream Services is the fastest growing and Best Immigration Consultant in Delhi & India having expertise of providing quality solutions in immigration services Visa Consultancy to individuals, families and corporate clients those who are seeking to settle, work, study, visit or move temporarily or permanently in Canada, Sweden, Australia, Germany, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, New Zealand, UK, USA etc. 

We Are The Venture Of Dream Mart Services Pvt. Ltd.