Universal Dream Services

Japan enters the global immigration war; plans new visa pathways to attract high earners, top grads

As the global competition for skilled workers intensifies, Japan has announced that it will establish new, simplified immigration pathways for high-income earners and graduates of prestigious foreign universities.

The Japan System for Special Highly Skilled Professionals (J-Skip) and the Japan System for Future Creation Individual Visa (J-Find) are the names of the new immigration routes that will go into effect in April following a public comment period.

It would include foreign researchers and engineers with a master’s degree or more than ten years of work experience and an annual income of at least 20 million ($148,000).

japan new immigration Routes

Skilled Worker Requirement in Abroad- Click Here

Additionally, the government announced that it would make it simpler for “young people with high potential” to seek jobs in Japan.

J-Find (Japan)

A job seeker visa called the J-Find system allows graduates of prestigious foreign universities to stay longer in Japan while they look for work.institute for the study of war They can also bring family members with them.

A “designated activities” visa will be granted to a foreigner who has at least 200,000 ($1,480) upon arrival in Japan and has graduated from a university that is ranked in the top 100 in two world ranking lists designated by the Immigration Services Agency of Japan within the past five years. This visa will allow the foreigner to stay in Japan for up to two years and look for work.

The QS Top Universities, Times Higher Education World University Rankings, and Shanghai Jiao Tong University’s Academic Ranking of World Universities will be utilized by the ministry.

Currently, graduates can stay in Japan for 90 days under the “short-term stay” status to search for a job, but J-Find would extend that to two years.

J-Skip (Japan)

You can use the J-Skip pathway if you are…

  • a researcher
  • an engineer
  • a high-level manager

A person is only eligible for the highly skilled professional status under the current system, which was implemented in 2012 if they achieve 70 points or more through the “preferential immigration treatment system.” Candidates are given scores by the system based on their level of Japanese proficiency, the amount of research they have done, and their academic background.

After three years of work, they can move up to Level 2, which allows them to stay in the country indefinitely and work almost anywhere.

Engineers and researchers must hold a master’s degree or higher and earn at least $20 million annually, or they must have worked for at least 10 years and earned at least $20 million annually.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *