Universal Dream Services

US Student Visa

US student visa: All your questions on visa, courses and options post graduation, answered

If they are accepted into a school and receive a Form I-20, can a person on a visitor visa change their status to student while they are in the United States?US Student Visa : For the most part, people can apply to change their nonimmigrant visa status (class) assuming they were legitimately owned up to the US with a nonimmigrant visa, and if their nonimmigrant status is as yet substantial, gave they have not disregarded the states of their status, and in the event that they have not taken part in any activities that would deliver them ineligible. However, a student cannot begin their studies until the application for a change of status is approved, which may take several months.

Best Study Visa Consultants In Delhi:- Book Your Appointment

After completing my studies, how long can I stay in the United States on my US student visa? Assuming that you have finished your scholastic program and have not applied for another scholarly program, or post-graduation preparing, you can stay in the US as long as 60 days after your examinations have finished. You can travel around the United States during this time, but you can’t come back on your student visa, even if you leave the country within 60 days of finishing your program.

Can I use a student visa to travel outside the United States? With a student visa, you can travel outside the United States. However, you must have a valid passport, a valid student visa, and a recent and valid signature on your Form I-20 from your Designated School Official (DSO) authorizing travel outside of the United States in order to re-enter the country.

Not lucky in the H-1B Visa lottery? Canada may welcome you

Are there any restrictions on the types of courses I can take on a US student visa? When you have a student visa, you can usually take any classes you want. There are usually no specific restrictions. You are supposed to sign up for courses that qualify you to move on from the course that you had been conceded for. Within that framework, you are free to enroll in any number of programs or classes offered by the institute to which you have been admitted. Nonetheless, it is critical to guarantee that the courses you pick are predictable with your visa status and consent to any impediments or necessities set by the U.S. migration specialists. If you want to make sure that the program you choose meets the requirements of your student visa, you should talk to your DSO. Additionally, it is crucial that you get in touch with the DSO before changing your course of study.

After graduating, can I change my visa status from student to work visa?
Indeed, it is feasible to change your visa status from an understudy visa to a work visa after graduation. Students on an F-1 visa typically have the following options for obtaining practical training or changing their status to work visa:

1.Optional Pragmatic Preparation (Select) program, which permits graduates to work in their field of concentrate in the U.S. for a predefined timeframe.

2. Visa H-1B: Sponsorship from a U.S. employer is required for the H-1B visa, which is intended for skilled workers in specialized occupations.

What is OPT and how long does one have to be eligible for it?
F-1 students can get practical work experience directly related to their major field of study through Optional Practical Training (OPT). OPT comes in two varieties:

  • OPT before completion: Understudies can take part in parttime or full-time Select while they are as yet finishing their examinations.
  • OPT after completion: After finishing their education, students can participate in OPT full-time.

In most cases, students can get up to 12 months of OPT. However, certain STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) graduates who are employed by qualified employers may be eligible for an additional 24 months of OPT extension, bringing the total duration of the program up to 36 months.

How does one apply for OPT?
It is best to inquire about specific requirements with your DSO. However, in general, the following steps must be followed in order to apply for OPT:

  • Contact your DSO for an OPT recommendation.
  • The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) Application for Employment Authorization Form I-765 must be completed and submitted.
  • In accordance with the USCIS instructions, pay the required filing fee and provide supporting documents.
  • Before you start working, you should wait for your Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to be approved and received.

You can work for any employer in the United States while on OPT, including for voluntary work or as a freelancer, as long as the employment is authorized by the USCIS and directly related to your field of study.

If my program takes longer than expected, can I get a visa extension?
During its validity, the student visa can be used for travel to the United States. You can involve it for different outings gave you can demonstrate you are a bonafide understudy and are owned up to a certified program at a certified establishment. The time you can spend seeking after your schooling in the U.S. doesn’t end when your visa terminates insofar as you entered the U.S. at the point when the visa was substantial and keep on keeping up with full time understudy status under the migration regulations. If you continue to be a full-time student, your entry into the United States will be marked D/S, which stands for duration of status. If your program takes longer than expected, you should talk to your DSO to make sure you’re following the rules of the law and the institution.

Could I at any point move to an alternate everyday schedule while on an under US study visa?
While you are on a student visa, you are allowed to transfer to another school or program that is approved by the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). You really want to tell your ongoing school’s DSO, get another Structure I-20 from the new school, and follow the legitimate exchange strategies to keep up with your status.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *